Rome TourismRome HotelsRome Bed and BreakfastRome Vacation RentalsRome PackagesFlights to RomeRome AttractionsRome ShoppingRome Travel ForumRome PhotosRome MapRome GuideHotels
All Rome HotelsRome Hotel DealsLast Minute Hotels in RomeBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Rome MotelsRome CampgroundsRome HostelsBusiness Hotels RomeRome Family HotelsRomantic Hotels RomeSpa Resorts RomeRome Luxury HotelsRome Green HotelsRome ResortsBy Hotel Class
By Hotel Brand
Preferred Hotels & Resorts in RomeB&B Hotels in RomeMarriott Autograph Collection Hotels in RomeHoliday Inns in RomeThe Leading Hotels Of The World in RomeChoice Hotels in RomeBest Western Hotels in RomeHilton Hotels in RomeAccor Hotels in RomeMarriott Hotels in RomeJialihua Guest House Hotels in RomeLO.AN Hotels in RomePopular Amenities
Centro HotelsEsquilino HotelsCastro Pretorio HotelsTermini HotelsMonti HotelsLudovisi / Via Veneto HotelsLudovisi HotelsNavona / Pantheon / Campo de’ Fiori HotelsTrevi HotelsCampo Marzio HotelsPopular Rome Categories
Design Hotels in RomeCheap Accommodations in RomeCheap Hostels in RomeRome City Center HotelsHotels with Balconies in RomeHotels with Shuttle in RomeSuite Hotels in RomeHotels with Smoking Rooms in RomeUnique Hotels RomeHoneymoon Hotels in RomeNear Airports
Hotels near Pontifical University AntonianumHotels near Pontifcia Universitas LateranensisHotels near University of Roma "La Sapienza"Hotels near John Cabot UniversityHotels near American University of RomeHotels near Free International University of Social StudiesHotels near Guido Carli Free International University for Social StudiesHotels near Roma Tre UniversityHotels near Ateneo Pontificio Regina ApostolorumHotels near Campus Bio-Medico University of Rome
Rome Tourism and Travel: Best of Rome
Ancient sights with modern style, the Eternal City continues to shine
The sprawling city of Rome remains one of the most significant stops in the world, thanks to its seamless blend of Old World wonders and modern delights. The ruins of the Colosseum, her iconic fountains, lazy wanders through cobblestone streets with gelato in hand: All this and more beckon. Rome is a winding, spectacular city full of places to discover.
Start planning for Rome
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences that define Rome.
A mix of the charming, iconic, and modern.
Quintessential Rome restaurants, bars, and beyond.
- ByTravel BabboRome with KidsRome, with much trial and error, has become one of our favorite cities. Be sure to walk around at least once at sunrise, and every night after dinner, to get a much better feel for the city. It's an amazing place when there aren't thousands of day-trippers around!10 items
From the Forums
Rent a Home for Your Next Escape
Popular homes in Rome
Gelato for days
I used to think the mini-shovels they serve gelato with were to help with portion control. Don't be fooled. It's a mini-shovel for a reason. Avoid those tourist traps — and neon-colored, ice crystal covered scoops — with my top spots to dig in to real gelato in Rome. Don't forget the lactaid.
Jess Carei, Brooklyn, NY
- Otaleg787 reviewsYes, it's gelato spelled backwards, but there is nothing backwards about this off-the-beaten path, natural gelato shop. Make the trek out to a residential neighborhood to witness the gelato making process first hand. Then treat yourself to their savory flavors. Mustard anyone?
- Gelateria dei Gracchi1,693 reviewsYou may have to wait on line at the original location of this small Roman chain. Go for the seasonal flavors here. For your lactose-intolerant companions (I am so sorry), they offer really great zero milk flavors. Don't sleep on the bon bons!
- Fiordiluna741 reviewsMy personal favorite here is the duetto of hazelnut and pistachio. Apparently this flavor is the result of a happy accident? The owner dropped some hazelnuts into the pistacchio gelato. Say it with me. P-stack-ee-oo.
- Il Gelato di San Crispino3,016 reviewsIf you are doing an Eat, Pray, Love thing, you cannot miss this spot. Literally. This teeny spot was featured in the novel and the Julia Roberts flick. Go for the honey, money.
- Fatamorgana768 reviewsLots of wonderful, whimsical flavors at this chain — head to the one in Travestere. One flavor called Thumbelina has walnuts, rose petals, violet leaves. Another one, Thought, ginger, horseradish, lemon peel, and pink grapefruit. Zing!
Dig Into Rome
Stories, tips, and guides
- “No tricks, just nature.” This is the Fatamorgana motto, effectively summarizing what lies behind the delicious and imaginative gelato. Find classic flavors and ones from farther afield, like the mesmerizing dark chocolate and lapsang souchong smoked tea or the lovely Thumbelina with Sorrento walnuts, rose petals, and violet flowers.