Explore Blue Mountains
Blue Mountains TourismBlue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Bed and BreakfastBlue Mountains Vacation RentalsBlue Mountains PackagesFlights to Blue MountainsBlue Mountains RestaurantsBlue Mountains AttractionsBlue Mountains ShoppingBlue Mountains Travel ForumBlue Mountains PhotosBlue Mountains MapBlue Mountains GuideHotels
All Blue Mountains HotelsBlue Mountains Hotel DealsBy Hotel TypeThings to doRestaurantsFlightsVacation RentalsShoppingPackage HolidaysCruisesRental Cars
Blue Mountains MotelsBlue Mountains CampgroundsBlue Mountains HostelsBlue Mountains Family HotelsRomantic Hotels Blue MountainsBusiness Hotels Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Beach HotelsBlue Mountains Ski-In / Ski-Out HotelsBlue Mountains CasinosSpa Resorts Blue MountainsBlue Mountains ResortsBlue Mountains Green HotelsBlue Mountains Luxury HotelsBy Hotel Class
Blue Mountains Hotels with a PoolPet Friendly Hotels in Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Hotels with ParkingPopular Blue Mountains Categories
Unique Hotels Blue MountainsBlue Mountains Golf ResortsHotels with Hot Tubs in Blue MountainsHotels with Kitchenette in Blue MountainsHotels with Shuttle in Blue MountainsQuiet Resorts in Blue MountainsWedding Resorts in Blue MountainsBoutique Bed and Breakfast in Blue MountainsFamily Resorts in Blue MountainsHotels with Balconies in Blue MountainsNear Landmarks
Hotels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Hotels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Raglan Airport (BHS)Motels near Sydney Airport (SYD)Near Colleges
Blue Mountains Tourism and Travel: Best of Blue Mountains
About Blue Mountains
The Blue Mountains are named for the delicate azure haze that lingers along the region, which is actually a fine cloud of oil emitted by eucalyptus trees. The mystical mountains are a labyrinth of plateaus, gorges and gum trees. Check out the Katoomba Scenic Railway (the steepest railway in the world), the Jenolan Caves and the Giant Staircase nature walk.
Start planning for Blue Mountains
Create a Trip to save and organise all of your travel ideas, and see them on a map
Essential Blue Mountains
Places to see, ways to wander, and signature experiences.
A mix of the charming, modern, and tried and true.
Can't-miss spots to dine, drink, and feast.
From the Forums
A Blue Mountains Trip for First-Timers
Are you new to the bushwalking trails, waterfalls, and eucalyptus trees of Blue Mountains? Here's a quick guide on the must-see attractions that make this area so magical.
Maria Hart, New York City, NY
- Govetts Leap609 reviewsAnother sweeping lookout point. This one gives you a bird's-eye view of the valley and Bridal Veil Falls.
- Everglades Historic House and Gardens375 reviewsNot everything in Blue Mountains is wild, rambling countryside. This gorgeous property gives a genteel, manicured version of nature. Stroll the themed gardens and finish your visit with a trip to the property's tea house. Pinkies up!
- Jenolan CavesReady for an underground adventure? Jenolan Caves, a honeycomb of limestone caverns, shows another side to the area's natural beauty.
- Echo Point Lookout1,649 reviewsA scenic overview with the very best views of Katoomba. You'll also get a closeup of the "Three Sisters" rock formation here, perfect for a photo op.
- Grand Canyon track104 reviewsA bucket-list walking trail, the Grand Canyon track passes waterfalls, creeks, and majestic sandstone walls. It's one of the most popular walks in the area and a great intro to everything Blue Mountains has to offer.
- Scenic World Blue Mountains4,732 reviewsKick off your adventure with this high-adrenaline spot. Chug down the steepest railway, walk over a suspended glass-floored walkway, and gaze out over clifftop views.
- Blue Mountains Chocolate Company232 reviewsRefuel with a hot chocolate—or grab a few sweet treats as souvenirs for your loved ones back home.
Dig Into Blue Mountains