We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who are planning to go to Japan next year?

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
209 posts
1 review
Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Hi all,

Hope everyone is healthy. I’m still very bummed I couldn’t visit Japan this year. To stay hopeful about future travel, I’m just curious to see if anyone is planning or has already booked flights to Japan next year? I already have booked flight and hotel (both are exchangeable/refundable) for late March/early April. Crossing fingers that it will happen and can’t wait!

191 replies to this topic
Perth
Level Contributor
157 posts
1. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Just got all my reward points back this afternoon. Looking at flight next March/April (we missed Sakura this year) and we could but not too sure if it will be wise to book yet. I was pressured to take holiday late last year and things change quite markedly, now I have heap of leave I can take, around 3 months by year end.

Edited: 07 June 2020, 06:04
Level Contributor
406 posts
1 review
2. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

I’m planning to go back there next year on Spring season. Good thing, I’ve had and enjoyed my fortnight winter trip last January before this corona madness changed our normal lives.

I haven’t booked any tickets yet as it is too early to do so and usually, there’s not much price differences whether you book now or a few months before your trip.

I’m supposed to go to South Korea this autumn but I doubted it will be feasible so I just cancelled it. The only travel plan I’m sure for now is to come back to Japan during Sakura season next year.

I hope at that point of time, with or without vaccine, the situation will be significantly better and I hope the risk and cases will be low enough to do leisure trips again safely. Leisure trips are not essential but it’s part of what makes us happy and keeps us sane so I really hope, everything will be better soon, especially next year.

I’m planning to focus on Southern Japan instead of the North when I come back next year for spring. If my trip goes as planned, I’ll be visiting Osaka-Kyoto (where Ill stay the most)-Hiroshima-and Tokyo as opposed to Osaka-Sapporo-Tokyo-Kyoto that I did last winter where I mostly stayed in Sapporo.

Good thing as well, when I was in Ueno, Ive already seen a few blooming cherry blossoms and plums. Even today, those memories of few bloomed trees I saw in Ueno make me more excited to see the Sakura season next year.

Stay safe and I hope we get back to our normal lives next year.

London, United...
Destination Expert
for Solo Travel
Level Contributor
13,061 posts
27 reviews
42 helpful votes
3. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Probably I will go next year, most likely for May or the autumn, but I will want to wait until I would be welcomed, not cause fear and concern,

I was in Japan in January and February 2019, in Hokkaido to see the cranes dance (well worth the cold, snow and scary driving) then to the snow in Tohoku, but without the car, and two weeks further south to Tokyo, Kyoto and Okayama. I did miss the plum festival I had planned to go to in the forth week as I was unavoidably detained in Okayama but it was a really wonderful trip.

The Saidai-ji Eyo (naked man festival) near Okayama was fascinating to watch and a delight to listen to. I love tokai drums and they were played both before and during. The men wore loincloths and tabi socks but were other wise naked in a February night as cold as London in winter (maybe colder). I thought there might be a couple of dozen, but there were hundreds of men in groups splashing in freezing cold water on then crowding on to the temple steps.

There was even a small group of closely guarded women in silk kimonos who dropped them in the water area to splash themselves with the icy water. The women did not go on to the the main temple and I suspect the guards were at least in part because it is supposed to be a men's festival and some of the men may not have been happy with the women's presence.

The next trip will be my 7th. I don't think I will ever want to stop exploring the country.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
228 posts
4. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

I am hoping go either in 2021 or 2022, depending on the COVID situation and also on the health of my elderly parents.

I had a made-to-mesure, solo trip planned with Inside Japan for May of this year which was cancelled, of course. I had already paid the deposit and I will use that towards my next trip departing anytime up to June 2022.

I’m planning to go to Kyoto, Miyajima, Okayama, Takamatsu and Tokushima. It will be my third trip to Japan.

Tokyo, Japan
Destination Expert
for Tokyo
Level Contributor
5,907 posts
39 reviews
8 helpful votes
5. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Lynn R, I thought you were going to some socks at Namba, Osaka, weren't you? :-)

Aren't you going to visit Naoshima?

Paris, France
Level Contributor
228 posts
6. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

@ Global, Ha, ha! You have a good memory! Yes, I was going to stay in Osaka this year and get my Tabio socks at Namba! But that trip was cancelled.

Now I’m thinking that I really love Kyoto and there’s so much more I want to see there… so I think I’ll stay in Kyoto instead of Osaka. But I still want the socks! So I’ll have to make a day trip to Namba.

And yes, I will take a day trip to Naoshima from Takamatsu!

Edited: 07 June 2020, 12:46
Tokyo and California
Destination Expert
for Tokyo, Kyoto, Osaka, Shinjuku, Japan
Level Contributor
34,255 posts
234 reviews
121 helpful votes
7. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

My husband and I are definitely going next March/April. I might go by myself in December as well using my Japanese passport. If the border is open to foreigners then, my husband can come along. We'll see.

Brisbane, Australia
Level Contributor
933 posts
34 reviews
35 helpful votes
8. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

We are both in our sixties and have a daughter and grandchildren living in Osaka. We had booked flights and hotels for late March/early April this year to coincide with the school holidays, but the flights were cancelled.

We’d like to go over there in March/April next year as FaceTime is just not the same as seeing the children in person, but at our ages we worry about the prospect of getting Covid 19.

I think there ‘ll need to be a vaccine before we go to give us peace of mind. I also wouldn’t want to go until we can get travel insurance that would cover hospital admission if we got Covid.

We ‘ve been to Japan nine times already, but our main reason to go is to see family. We also try to add in a few days to a week of travelling outside Osaka to sightsee.

4 posts
9. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Hello Khan. I am planning on travelling to Japan in Match of next year. Like you, I am hopeful that travel is back to normal by then. I would assume they would be fingers crossed.

4 posts
10. Re: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Save

Hello Lynn. I am also planning on going to japan next March (2021) and have my fingers crossed. I noticed that you are from France. I had a week in Paris 2 years ago, and absolutely loved it!!!

Reply to: Who are planning to go to Japan next year?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频