We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?

Canada
Level Contributor
20 posts
77 reviews
10 helpful votes
What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

I’ve stayed at MO, Fullerton, Shangri-La, Regent, Swissotel. I think MO Singapore is a bit overrated, the rooms are outdated, service is up to the MO standards, but they definitely need some renos done. My all time favourite is the Fullerton Hotel, not the Fullerton Bay. I think Marina Sands is a bit overrated too. What’s your favourite hotel when visiting Singapore?

Best value hotels in Singapore
Oakwood Premier AMTD Singapore
Oakwood Premier AMTD Singapore
#3 of 363 hotels in Singapore
AMOY by Far East Hospitality
AMOY by Far East Hospitality
#10 of 363 hotels in Singapore
21 replies to this topic
Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
33,553 posts
1. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Champion Hotel, Joo Chiat Road. Have stayed 6 times. I’m comfortable, it’s inexpensive, I have everything I need around me, enjoy walking up to Paya Lebar MRT station, or getting a bus from beside the Joo Chiat Complex. Buses to and from the airport from stops not far from the hotel. Lots of places to eat, supermarkets and malls nearby. I love that area.

Hobart, Australia
Level Contributor
3,223 posts
81 reviews
36 helpful votes
2. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Personally I loved Village Hotel Changi, such a great spot near the ocean, great hawker centre on the doorstep and you can watch the planes going in and out of the airport. (well, when there are planes). Hotel itself efficiently run.

But I don't really care for 5 star hotels, I don't like to be pandered to, I prefer hotels where there is efficient service when required but otherwise you are left alone. So I like business style hotels.

The Carlton is my other favourite.

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
38 reviews
29 helpful votes
3. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

We have been staying at the Grand Pacific since 1990 , even though back then it was called Tai-Pan Ramada and Allson Hotel inbetween.

I know it sounds boring sticking to the same hotel but as we are very happy there and known by the staff we don't see the point in changing. It's not in the same class bracket as those around the Marina but personally I don't see the point in paying a high price ( even if I could afford it lol ) for a place we are just using to sleep and have breakfast as we are out all day long but obviously everyone has their own preference so I'm not knocking their choices.?

Melbourne, Australia
Destination Expert
for Sydney, Bargain Travel, Food and Travel
Level Contributor
32,138 posts
4. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

>>>But I don't really care for 5 star hotels, I don't like to be pandered to, I prefer hotels where there is efficient service when required but otherwise you are left alone<<<

I can see why you might refer to 5 star hotels as a collective when it comes to service delivery, but there are so many different styles in so many different regions, that ‘pandered to’ is really not an accurate way of depicting them.

There are so many examples of luxury and exclusive hotels that don’t overwhelm guests, both chained or independent. Aman, and Andaz are two such chain products, with too many independents to even try list

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
33,553 posts
5. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Another I quite liked was an odd choice for me - Fragrance Oasis Hotel on Balestier Road. I paid about SGD$50 a night and stayed 5 nights. I knew what I was getting, researched it thoroughly, knew there was a bus stop outside and others along the street, and shopping and food closeby. I think my expectations were realistic. Before I checked in I had prepared a plan B just in case, and was prepared to walk out and book somewhere else if the room was dreadful....LOL

I ended up really liking Fragrance Oasis. Location was great, I arrived early and was given immediate access to my room, the bed was comfy, plenty of tea and coffee making stuff, bathroom was small but tidy and the hot water was very hot. Air-con was great. No issues, no noise, no problems apart from not the best wifi signal. My room was cleaned extremely well and was done by the time I got back about 1.30pm every afternoon.

I am glad it gave it a chance as I realise I know what I want and need so as long as a hotel fits my list of priorities and it’s fairly priced for what it is then I will give it a shot. Often those hotels are the ones I keep returning to.

I always used to stay at Carlton, Rendezvous, Intercontinental, Parkroyal on Beach Road, Grand Park City Hall and several others like those. Got bored, found they were overpriced in my opinion and I didn’t use most of the facilities they had. Since I changed the type of hotels I stay in I’m much happier,

One 4 star I do like is Oasia Downtown Hotel in Tanjong Pagar. Would happily stay again..

Edited: 27 March 2020, 03:14
England, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Marina Bay Sands, loved every minute of it.

On a more affordable note Park Regis was very good, great staff and nice pool, clean and comfy rooms .

World
Level Contributor
184 posts
56 reviews
10 helpful votes
7. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Nothing 5star about MBS other than its view. Customer service wasn’t exceptional, room was neither new or luxurious, crowds are everywhere. Like what the OP says, it’s ‘overrated’, and I cannot agree more.

England, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
8. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Agree to disagree. We went in Feb during the virus and crowds was minimal so had more freedom of the pool.

Club Room was great, rooms spacious and bathrooms lush. 47 floors up we watched the sunrise over the sea in the morning which was nice.

Staff was very helpfull checked us into the VIP enterance as que were quite big during the normal check in desk.

Food and drink was delicious (afternoon tea and evening canapes)

Breakfast was also good as they cooked up eggs benedicts aswell as their being a buffet on.

Staff friendly and a great sense of humour.

Best hotel for me, not forgetting the stunning architecture!

Edited: 27 March 2020, 09:07
World
Level Contributor
184 posts
56 reviews
10 helpful votes
9. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

Can’t speak for your experience, as I am not you, Nor do I share the same experience as you. As per said, IMO overrated. And going in Feb wasn’t exactly a good indication of the usual crowds there as well.

Edited: 27 March 2020, 10:07
England, United...
Level Contributor
254 posts
7 reviews
3 helpful votes
10. Re: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Save

I just wanted to share my experience for travellers reading this and seeing the other side of coin. Worth ago atleast once

Reply to: What’s your favourite hotel in Singapore?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频