We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Itinerary and stay option for 7 days

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Hello,

I'll be in Singapore with my wife on 9th early morning as per Singapore time and will leave on 16th morning. Looking for an accommodation for these 7 days. I was planning last year too but plan got changed. We will be on a budget and have decided to look for a stay for a maximum of 125 SGD per day so that we have sufficient money to spend on attractions. I have narrowed down the following areas:

1. Bencoolen

2. ChinaTown

3. Buggis

4. Noveno

Also checked Little India and Geylang but they seem far from attractions like Marine Bay Sands, Garden by the Bay, Clarke Quay etc. We will try to use public transport (preferably MRT) wherever possible to reduce travel cost.

Please suggest the area that we should search the hotel in.

After we have selected the area for hotel, I will come back with further questions related to the itinerary :)

Thanks!

12 replies to this topic
Level Contributor
42 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Hi,

The 4 locations you've mentioned is better compared to Little India and Geylang, it's more centralized and near to the shopping areas (you can just walk).

Bugis, Chinatown and Bencoolen also have good access to the MRT (train) that'll take you to Marina Bay Sands, Garden by the Bay and Clarke Quay.

Hope this helps!

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
38 reviews
29 helpful votes
2. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

It depends what you requirements in a hotel are and also the time of year to what area is ideal for your budget . For me I like City Hall, Bugis and Bencoolen area as it has loads on hand, MRT stations, good bus network and so on as well as in easy reach of Marina Bay area.

Here are some threads where they have a similar budget -

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294…

https:/…93757708

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g294…

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
3. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

I have chosen Hotel Bencoolen. Within our budget, this looks good with not so bad reviews. Since we will spend most of our time roaming, this will be good. Please suggest. I also checked 30 Bencoolen and Ibis but they were expensive.

World
Level Contributor
184 posts
56 reviews
10 helpful votes
4. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Just throwing an idea for your consideration. V hotel lavender is around the same price region as hotel Bencoolen, with added advantage of having lavender mrt practically at your doorstep. A big plus since I believe convenience is one of your main priorities.

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
38 reviews
29 helpful votes
5. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

I can't comment on the hotel ( I did notice a few negative reports about bedbugs ) but it sits in a good area, you are 2 mins away from Bencoolen MRT and have Bras Basah MRT just just around the corner and between them covering 2 different lines, a good selection of bus routes , there are a variety of eateries around , malls, shops and markets to name a few.

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Hi,

So flights, hotel and visa are done and its time for itinerary. Here is the itinerary I have decided so far but since this is my first visit to Singapore, I am sure this might need to be tweaked and all suggestions and recommendations are welcome:

9-Feb Reach Singapore, nearby sightseeing and then night safari

10-Feb Universal Studios

11-Feb SEA Aquarium, Madame Tussauds museum and Skyline Luge

12-Feb Visit China town in the morning followed by Singapore flyer

13-Feb Merlion park in the morning, Marina Bay Sands in the afternoon and Merlion park in the late evening again

14-Feb Little India in the morning, and then Garden by the bay (including domes) in the evening

15-Feb A relaxing day at Siloso beach

16-Feb Return

Australia
Destination Expert
for Singapore, Bargain Travel, Holiday Travel, Singapore
Level Contributor
33,556 posts
7. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Singapore Flyer is currently not operating. There is a notice on their website:- https://www.singaporeflyer.com/

Kent, United Kingdom
Destination Expert
for Singapore
Level Contributor
4,438 posts
38 reviews
29 helpful votes
8. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

This is just a few notes -

9-Feb What time to you actually land ? Most hotels have a 2/3 pm check in so if earlier you can store your luggage and then return later. It has been often suggested not to do the Night Safari on the day of arrival as most likely you will be too tired to enjoy it so I would move off to another day.

10-Feb OK

11-Feb OK. You may want to see if there is anything else just in case you have extra time.

12-Feb The flyer has been suspended at the moment

13-Feb Merlion park and the sky park might only take you 30 mins each so you have a lot of time to feel

14-Feb GBTB needs more than just an evening, we get there at lunchtime some even earlier.

15-Feb OK

New Delhi, India
Level Contributor
22 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
9. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Save

Hi,

Thanks for the comments and help with the itinerary. All the suggestions have been really helpful with finalizing the itinerary. I am now in the process of buying all the needed passes and looking them up on Klook and also considering iVenture card. After checking everything, I wanted to check the following:

1. If we include GBTB on iVenture card, it does include both domes but it is not mentioned anywhere if it includes OCBC Skyway. Does anyone know if it includes Skyway?

2. For regular Universal Studios entry, Klook has two different options- one says 1 day ticket whereas the other says 1 day pass. Is there a difference between a ticket and a pass for USS? Please note that neither of those includes Express pass so both are for regular entry.

3. If we do USS on iVenture card, can we buy Express pass separately at USS? iVenture card doesn't have the option to include express pass and to purchase Express pass from Klook, we will need to buy regular ticketpass first from Klook so we won't be able to do it on iVenture card. Also, if possible to buy offline, is there a long queue to buy just the express passes?

Thanks in advance!

10. Re: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

Tripadvisor staff removed this post because it did not meet Tripadvisor's forum posting guidelines with prohibiting self-promotional advertising or solicitation.

We ask all of our members to keep their forum messages free of self-promoting advertisements or solicitation of any kind - members affiliated with any tourism-related business should not include commercial contact information or URLs in their forum messages.

To review the Tripadvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 29 January 2020, 10:50

Reply to: Itinerary and stay option for 7 days
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频