We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?

Beverly...
Level Contributor
460 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

Hi,

Our trip to Italy was moved from March to September 4. We are from the US. What are others doing about their September trips? Do I wait until middle of August? My airfare was so low that the tickets are worth more than the refund. Do we know when the EU is going to evaluate opening for US travel?

Thank you for all your words of wisdom.

75 replies to this topic
1. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 19 July 2020, 15:45
 
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
118 reviews
92 helpful votes
2. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

I would think it is likely that you will, sadly, have to cancel again. As did I. ?? I know your pain. I am now just accepting that I will just quickly book once ITALY formally and officially allows me in, without quarantine (regardless of how well Canada is doing, that is Italy’s choice to make). I am lucky enough to be retired and can do “last minute”, which I realize not everyone can. I think worldwide, we will just have to do whatever we can to stop any resurgence of this monster virus in places that have flattened the curve.

United States
Level Contributor
13,725 posts
292 reviews
503 helpful votes
3. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

There is another review around July 15 or before but given our numbers here in US and frankly little being done to effectively change direction I would not expect we are going to see any change in the EU advice...I would just take whatever credit or refund you can at this point and concede travel in 2020 is probably not happening and if it does would not be easy or stress free. I know so many rebooked from March - April for the fall and I was thinking it was way too soon but hoping maybe it could happen. Good luck.

Mestre, Italy
Destination Expert
for Crete, Istria, Cres, Krk, Sicily
Level Contributor
20,404 posts
105 reviews
90 helpful votes
4. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

Guys, I am sorry but forget this year. No way

Naples, Italy
Level Contributor
4,457 posts
34 reviews
78 helpful votes
5. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

Yes, I am sorry for everyone...for a while we should focus on local, slow-paced trips (which is not that bad).

I am indeed aware of the canceling/refunding issue, still all of this is to be braved.

Park City, Utah
Level Contributor
2,489 posts
32 reviews
37 helpful votes
6. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

I had to cancel my 6 week trip that was scheduled for mid-April to end of May. At the time, I had no thought of rescheduling and I still dont. Not getting on a plane to anywhere until there is a proven vaccine.

Danbury, Connecticut
Level Contributor
313 posts
6 reviews
2 helpful votes
7. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

Hi electricgirl.

I had posted almost the same question just a week ago so now I will also answer yours.

My trip is for just a few days after your departure, JFK to Milan, staying for over a month.

My thoughts are to hang on until almost the end of August to see what transpires, since the situation is so very fluid.

The EU had said that they will re-evaluate the list of banned countries every 2 weeks, so we should expect updates twice a month. I don’t think we will make the cut on July 15, but perhaps in August.

It also depends on the flight schedules. So far, I have been told that my flight is still scheduled and it will be nonstop. Currently, the flights stop at Paris or Amsterdam from JFK to Milan, but that is due to change in September. I hope that you get to take your trip!

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
8. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

First of all, I assume that neither you nor your spouse/partner/cohabitant, nor some other family member who can claim you as a "dependent" holds a passport from an E.U./Schengen country, nor from the U.K., nor from Andorra, Monaco, San Marino or Vatican City (collectively, "European Country").

Secondly even if the U.S. were to be added to Italy's "green list" (which includes Canada, Australia and New Zealand, among a few others) prior to your trip (rather unlikely, given the trajectory of COVID-19 in the U.S.), you would probably still be subject to a 14-day quarantine, which you would need to satisfy either in Italy or in some other European Country. I doubt you would be interested in a vacation under these conditions.

As for the timing of any cancellation, I'd say to proceed in a fashion to minimize any penalties/forfeitures.

Here are the latest "rules and restrictions" as of July 10:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/norma…

Melbourne, Australia
Level Contributor
588 posts
9. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

Although hugely disappointing on both a personal and economic basis, I can't see that international travel in the way we knew it is going to be either viable or enjoyable until there is a vaccine (which is uncertain at this stage). I also wouldn't want to unwittingly spread the virus by travelling. Many people are infectious without symptoms.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
392 posts
118 reviews
92 helpful votes
10. Re: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Save

To all the wonderful resident Italians who post here, I hope you take some comfort in knowing how desperate we all are to return to your beautiful country ?? La bella Italia

Reply to: Is it time to concede I have to cancel AGAIN?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频