We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?

Santa Maria di...
Level Contributor
1 post
33 reviews
25 helpful votes
Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Hi. i see that European countries can enter italy.

Do you know when international visitors can enter Italy? i am in Montreal. I am a UK passport holder. My wife and kids have canada passports. they are with me in montreal where we live. We booked flights on Alitalia from Montreal to Rome for 23 June.

Suprised that they let me book flights if i wasn't able to travel. Does anyone know what the policy is ? We are not travelling for essential reasons. (Except we have a home in puglia that we need to get to, and cut the grass / lawn / olive trees. it is the risky fire season and by law we are supposed to have the grass all cut so as to not start a fire in the olives. i doubt this will qualify as an essential travel reason).

our flight is via paris, direct. if i go to the airport will they deny me travel ? i've heard that possibly 30 june international visitors are welcome again. Does anyone know? Where is the latest correct info pls ?

thanks

88 replies to this topic
United States
Level Contributor
6,379 posts
1 review
1 helpful vote
1. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Just periodically check the below website for updates. They have been updating the page regularly with the latest information:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/norma…

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
2. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

You have a dicey situation. It is quite possible that you will be allowed to board your flight to CDG (by virtue of having a U.K. passport), while your wife and kids are left stranded at the airport! I would try to get assurances from Alitalia and from the carrier operating the flight to CDG (Air France????). You might also try contacting the Italian Consulate in Montreal (good luck if you get through to them).

Houston, Texas
Level Contributor
48,746 posts
732 reviews
208 helpful votes
3. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

https://flightaware.com/live/findflight…

Nonstop flights from JFK to FCO.

Imperia, Italy
Destination Expert
for Italian Riviera
Level Contributor
36,276 posts
4. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Non-stop flights which you cannot use, except for tightly defined essential purposes https:/…1580226297.htm , and to which you'll probably be denied boarding.

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
23 helpful votes
5. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Thank you for the link @US_ADrew

Looks like next re-evaluation will take place on June 29th

Edited: 17 June 2020, 16:34
Beverly...
Level Contributor
460 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
6. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

@OlSultana

I am just wondering where you saw the June 29 reevaluation date. I am anxiously awaiting to see what is said about US travelers.

Thank you.

GAC
Los Angeles, CA
Level Contributor
9,962 posts
23 reviews
68 helpful votes
7. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

See the reference to June 30 in this issuance by the Italian Ministry of Foreign Affairs:

https://www.esteri.it/mae/en/ministero/norma…

NOTE THE PENULTIMATE SENTENCE HERE:

"From June 3, all travel restrictions (including those applying to tourism) have been dropped to and from the following Countries: Austria, Belgium, Bulgaria, Cyprus, Croatia, Czech Republic, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Greece, Hungary, Ireland, Latvia, Lithuania, Luxembourg, Malta, Netherlands, Poland, Portugal, Romania, Slovakia, Slovenia, Spain, Sweden, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Norway, Switzerland, Andorra, Principality of Monaco, Republic of San Marino, Vatican City State, United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland. Travel to and from any other Country for tourism will not be allowed until June 30 (see FAQ 1 above). Before travelling abroad for tourism, Italian nationals and foreign nationals resident in Italy, are advised to check the Covid-19 measures and restrictions in force in the country of destination and any transit countries."

Seal Beach...
Level Contributor
750 posts
21 reviews
23 helpful votes
8. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Thank you, GAC, I was just going to post # 4 from the link of Poster # 1

@ ekectricgirl, from that reference it seem that Italy is going to do further evaluation on June 29-30

We are booked for September and waiting what step is going to be next

Edited: 17 June 2020, 19:27
Beverly...
Level Contributor
460 posts
4 reviews
1 helpful vote
9. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

Hi,

We are booked for September too. We already rescheduled from March so hoping we are able to travel. I honestly have no problem wearing a mask b cause I am sure we will still be wearing them at home.

Dayton, Tennessee
Level Contributor
229 posts
45 reviews
12 helpful votes
10. Re: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Save

I have a Oct 3rd trip, so i have been taking advantage of the chaos to look for better hotels. As long as they have free cancellation.

That being said, we have a whirlwind tour of Milan/Cinque Terre/Rome/Tuscany/Venice/Milan. Depending how things go at the end of the month we might look at norrowing our trip down to maybe 2 or 3 area's and cut down the chance of our plans being interrupted by things beyond our control.

Reply to: Are international visitors allowed to enter Italy yet?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频