We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

cheap souvenirs Italy

5 posts
cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

Hello, I wanted to know where I could buy cheap souvenirs, like tshirts, hats, snowglobes, keychains, magnets. I will be in Rome, Venice, and florence. If anyone is familiar with los angeles or paris I would like to go to place like downtown LA or Rue de steinkerque. These are places where there are many shops on one block that all sell souvenirs.

Thank you.

46 replies to this topic
Saint Marys, Ohio
Level Contributor
9,631 posts
46 reviews
48 helpful votes
1. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

There are places selling cheap souvenirs all over the place. There are shops and in many piazzas are kiosks selling all sorts of souvenirs that you are looking for., Don’t worry, you will see them.

Ocean City, Maryland
Level Contributor
15,003 posts
6 reviews
6 helpful votes
2. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

The pedestrian street between the Pantheon and Trevi Fountain has numerous shops.

New York
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1,043 reviews
751 helpful votes
3. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

Anywhere there are people in numbers: Bingo!

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
47,446 posts
18 reviews
124 helpful votes
4. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

OF course you can find souvenir shops where there are tourists but if you want the same stuff but cheaper you'll need to go a little farther out.

If you're visiting the Vatican area simple go to the left, as you're looking at the basilica, and head towards via di porta cavallegeri. With your back toward the bacilica turn right and follow that street for a few blocks. You'll find lots of stores selling the EXACT same thing as they do in the city for a quarter of the price. If you're in the main touristy areas you'll pay a lot more than you will if you take a little side trip to less visited areas.

Donna

New York
Level Contributor
2,592 posts
1,043 reviews
751 helpful votes
5. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

I stand corrected. It seems people who travel a great deal know such things instinctively over time, and sometimes assume others do as well. It's good to be reminded such is not the case, and more precise answers are far better for those less experienced.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
47,446 posts
18 reviews
124 helpful votes
6. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

Sorry, not trying to correct anyone, just telling where I've found the same touristy things for about 75% less than the shops in the tourist areas sell them for.

I love scarves and often go to these shops to get scarves for around 7 euros. These are the exact same scarves I see in the heart of Rome for 25-30 euros. My daughter often gets gifts for her friends there as well. Lots of different shops and lots of options.

Donna

7. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy

-:- Message from Tripadvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the Tripadvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 09 November 2019, 10:11

ohio
Level Contributor
1,055 posts
16 reviews
12 helpful votes
8. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

Donna,

When you said scarves, it caught my attention. My wife buys scarves every trip to Italy.

Could you please give me a more exact location (store name, or maybe a restaurant name close by) so I can google map it.

Grazie

Rome, Italy
Level Contributor
1,268 posts
1 review
9. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

You will notice many illegal sellers on the street also, please ignore them and do not buy anything.

pittsburgh
Destination Expert
for Rome
Level Contributor
47,446 posts
18 reviews
124 helpful votes
10. Re: cheap souvenirs Italy
Save

I don't buy from street vendors, I buy from shops. Opie, any of the shops along Via di porta cavallegeri will have them. The farther you get from the Vatican the less they charge.

Donna

Reply to: cheap souvenirs Italy
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频