We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is Barcelona worth travelling to?

Stockport
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
11 helpful votes
Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

I am due to travel next Thursday with my partner. We will be going to enjoy the sunshine, food, and drink. Can anyone tell me if the vibe is still good? Fairly busy? Are restaurants and bars still open? Is La Rambla busy?

Thanks!

74 replies to this topic
Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
12,219 posts
463 reviews
463 helpful votes
1. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

It has already been discussed at length in other discussions in this forum such as https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g187…

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
119 reviews
141 helpful votes
2. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

Go and enjoy

Anthony K

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
3. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

Breaking news right now is 1600 cases in Catalonia today - up from under 400 yesterday so please don’t just go without consisting further disruption to yourself

The air bridge for Spain is being reviewed Monday

Barcelona, Spain
Destination Expert
for Barcelona, Catalonia
Level Contributor
11,116 posts
4. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

@Shunshinenvino. Stop b--shttng please. That's not an accurate description on what's going on. https://www.elnacional.cat/ca/salut/cataluny… If you don't want to visit, fine, stay wherever, but stop scaremongering.

Edited: 23 July 2020, 09:23
liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

Ok I’m only going by figures released here just before

https:/…1286278278978973699

Whatever tests they use I don’t know but I know they are 4c higher than yesterday figured

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
6. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

I make the population of Catalonia about 7.5 million. So 1600 cases, undoubtedly now isolated is, to put it politely, a drop in the ocean really.

Personally, having worked right through it all, I admit I can be a bit blase. But if you are worried about it just be sensible and go a bit more rural, avoid busy places etc.

London, United...
Level Contributor
464 posts
111 reviews
63 helpful votes
7. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

Cancel ur own ticket and don't bother coming here, all you do is spread fear with your posts. Lmao if anything whatever you advise and write i would advise anybody reading to take it wirh a pinch of salt and do the opposite to whatever you say.

It's absolutely beautiful here at the moment guys and it's perfect. Weather very very hot however morning and evening place is alive!

St Austell, United...
Level Contributor
7,551 posts
4 reviews
2 helpful votes
8. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

I don't think Sunshinevino is going!! :-)

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
119 reviews
141 helpful votes
9. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

I always read and believe Enric, and, at the moment, because he is visiting the City, I am delighted to read 170minr.

Keep well all

Anthony K

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,541 posts
119 reviews
141 helpful votes
10. Re: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Save

Oh and by the way ... Barcelona is always worth travelling to ...

Anthony K

Reply to: Is Barcelona worth travelling to?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.