We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona outbreaks - worried

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

Hi

This week I booked a last minute four night break to Barcelona leaving in over 2 weeks for my family

At the time I thought Spain was lower Covid than here and as such wasn’t worried (I’m pretty relaxed generally)

Sine booking I’ve seen that the Barcelona area has highest cases in Spain and they’re doubling each day. I’m really worried as I had no idea that transmission was higher there than at home and am really angry at myself for booking so hastily

I’m within my 3 weeks prior to travel so if I cancel I’ll lose all the money

Any advice on what it’s like there now? Are people scared etc? We aren’t necessarily going to be doing inside tours etc - more going for walking, nice food and the beach etc but I’m taking two teenagers

We chose Barcelona thinking more places would be open given its a city compared to some of the smaller resorts but now I think we would have been safer elsewhere

Any advice ?

Thanks

77 replies to this topic
London, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
111 reviews
63 helpful votes
1. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

Im going on Monday, so far nobody i spoken to even knows of this and i believe its 2 areas of BCN.

Hopefully nothing happens, i guess just got to go with the flow, que sera sera.

Brussels, Belgium
Level Contributor
12,240 posts
463 reviews
463 helpful votes
2. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

The number of cases has increased a lot those last 2 or 3 days. The authorities are considering new measures, even through a complete lockdown is excluded (but bars and restaurants could close down). Read the Spanish press daily. Or better, don't go right now.

Of course, in 2 weeks, the situation could be completely different. No-one knows.

Edited: 15 July 2020, 14:27
Kilmarnock, United...
Level Contributor
1,548 posts
17 reviews
27 helpful votes
3. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

You may get a better understanding of the figures here https://www.elnacional.cat/en/news/coronavir…

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
4. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

Thanks for the replies

It’s so worrying what to do for the best. I’m not unduly worried at home and given the uk press have said Europe is safer than UK I thought it’d be fine but actually Barcelona is worse than UK and I wouldn’t have took that risk with the kids. ‘Like for like’ was ok but now I’m so stressed what to do.

In the event that bars and restaurants close I’m guessing flights will still carry on etc and won’t be cancelled so I’ll be forced to go or lose the cash

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
5. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

170min

Have you spoken to people out there?

Barcelona, Spain
Level Contributor
908 posts
6 reviews
3 helpful votes
6. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

Current situation: The main outbreaks in Catalonia are in Lleida and Hospitalet.

In Barcelona, the largest increase in cases are in the Sants and l'Eixample neighbourhoods. Face masks are now obligatory in all public spaces, including outside, except for if you are running, etc.

Bars and shops etc. are still open at the moment but I would expect this to change if the number of cases continues to increase.

London, United...
Level Contributor
466 posts
111 reviews
63 helpful votes
7. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

#5 Yes i have spoken to quite a few people, all said they had no clue about it and mentioned lleida and l'hospitalet, i booked everything now anyways so it's too late to turn back, i am very determined to make chicken salad out of chicken s***

Menorca, Spain
Destination Expert
for Menorca
Level Contributor
3,956 posts
103 reviews
62 helpful votes
8. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

@170minr. Are you sure you have real contacts living in Barcelona? The news on rtve.es tonight is not encouraging! But it’s always good to be optimistic.??

liverpool
Level Contributor
516 posts
8 reviews
13 helpful votes
9. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

Regarding news in Barcelona

What’s the situation please as they’ve had a huge number of cases there today - over 1000 in Catalonia and about half are Barcelona city which is more than the uk had in total today! Are they discussing closing things? Lockdown?

I think I’m entitled to refund if there’s a lockdown but if it’s just restrictions I think I’ll still have to go?

Appreciate the replies

Haslemere, United...
Level Contributor
23 posts
17 reviews
9 helpful votes
10. Re: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Save

I think the numbers include people with antibodies not just live cases. Think it is nearer 100 new cases per day in Barcelona but others might be more expert than me. My daughter and her friends are flying out on Monday so also slightly concerned.

Reply to: Barcelona outbreaks - worried
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频