We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Paris in September 2020

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
Paris in September 2020
Save

My husband and I are celebrating 20 years of marriage next year and really wanted to take our 2 boys for a first trip to Europe. Due to uncertainty of Covid and no vaccine in sight at the moment, we were thinking maybe September or October. We want to pair it with London and would likely fly into London and out of Paris using Eurostar to connect from LDN to PAR. Weather wise, is September preferential over October? I know days will be getting shorter in October, mostly looking for months with less rain and hopefully less tourists. Thanks!

39 replies to this topic
Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
1. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

Ok, I have done this before- September 2021??

London, United...
Level Contributor
11,550 posts
119 reviews
141 helpful votes
2. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

I am doing Paris this September and will be putting reviews, here, when I return, if that will help you make a decision. The weather should be fine, a little cooler than August and thus better for strolling around a large City.

Also I will be visiting Barcelona/Sitges in October and I expect things to be fine there as well.

Keep well

Anthony K

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
26,833 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
3. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

Days are getting shorter right now but you are correct, fall sunlight will be more limited. Flying into LHR and out of CDG will offer certain efficiencies of travel, assuming those from the USA will be traveling into Europe by this fall. Maybe they will be but I would have never guessed that the virus rates in the USA would be as bad as they now are.

September is the busiest tourist month in Paris, planning for accommodations should be done as early as possible but then this year is very different due to the uncertainties of being able to travel.

Ironically, if you want to avoid tourist hordes, now is the time to come to Paris. Hope it works out for you, but I am no longer making any predictions about when those from the USA will be about to travel to the EU.

r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
15,294 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
4. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

welcome,

for what its worth, i dont see any issue with planning on paper. To me, its better to have a plan and so if anything goes wrong you have it jotted down and can make changes.

But as you may have heard, some places are closing or not offering any refunds, so i would not pass out any $$$ until you get closer to your departure date.

I would also look for some travel insurance and if you can find some that will cover pandemics.

Then with the things going on as they are, you may also want to consider what you will do if the UK/France requires any quarantine at anytime.

as far as the weather goes, there is statistical weather info on the web. here is a link to a website you can look at if you want.

https:/…

the sun rise/set times are also on the web. Here is another link if you want.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/uk/london

good luck

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
5. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

RC beat me to it. The time and date website is really great. I did this trip last October with daughter turning 9. Our weather was a little cooler than average, but still fine.

Although we did not do it, DLP is probably worth a day. There is a small amusement park d’Acclimation that should be on your list. Fair warning- my 8/9 yo was not much into museums. But it was great having her there.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
31,647 posts
33 reviews
32 helpful votes
6. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

My crystal ball is still cloudy for September 2021. While you can always dream of coming, any specific planning for a date so far in the future could turn out to be a waste of time.

Detroit, Michigan
Level Contributor
192 posts
6 reviews
7 helpful votes
7. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

Agree with K2 - I had planned to visit Lake Como and Paris in June 2021, buying plane tickets with miles now when first posted, but I have decided to push to June or August 2022. For me, it is difficult blocking out the time and I do not want to have to spend the time rebooking, etc.

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
8. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

Thank you all for your very helpful advice. If this virus has taught us anything I think it is you have to be flexible We will definitely wait to make any firm plans until next spring. I fully realize we don't know what will happen with the airline situation, and what hotels and restaurants will be able to sustain themselves throughout this. I have been dreaming about this trip for a long time, but if things force us to go at another time then so be it. Have a wonderful day!.

Edited: 16 July 2020, 11:00
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
15,294 posts
1 review
3 helpful votes
9. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

welcome back...

a comment about the weather....

im not sure if you are allergic or rust if you get wet, but sometimes you cant have it always your way.

something to consider....would you rather be overthere and it rains than at home with what weather you normally have?

theres an old cowboys saying...."the worse day in the saddle beats the best day behind a desk"

good luck

Georgetown, Texas
Level Contributor
104 posts
17 reviews
13 helpful votes
10. Re: Paris in September 2020
Save

Good point rc!

Reply to: Paris in September 2020
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频