We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Is this airbnb too good to be true?

6 posts
Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

I found a gorgeous Airbnb that I'd like to stay in with my friends, however the host is brand new to airbnb and has no reviews yet and the price seems incredibly low, $68 a night! I'm really hoping it's real, but I want to be critical and realistic, and it just seems to good to be true. Any opinions? Here's the link: https://www.airbnb.com/rooms/43815986…

72 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
26,828 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
1. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

The few dates that I tried were not available. $68 or about 65€ per night is not realistic for 3-bedroom accommodations in a single digit arrondissement in Paris. I would be surprised if such an apartment rented for much less than 3000€ per month or more on an annual basis or the equivalent of 100€ per night (if it were available).

This apartment should be renting for 200€ to 300€ a night, if not more in high season. Something doesn't make a great deal of sense to me. Maybe it is just the deal of a lifetime but I would approach this with a great deal of caution.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
39 reviews
51 helpful votes
2. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

The lack of a registration number is a major red flag.

I did a reverse image search on all the photos; they all appear to be genuine (that is, they don't appear elsewhere on the internet).

The host (no photo) appears just to have joined this month, and as you note, the nightly price is very low. Real estate in that area of Paris is astronomically expensive, and based on the apparent size of the property, it must have cost millions of euro. I cannot see how the host could charge such a small nightly rate and be able to pay a mortgage.

Every host needs to start somewhere, but I wouldn't want to be the first guinea pig.

6 posts
3. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

Thank you for the Reply! I've just contacted the host asking for a registration number, I'll see if that helps. Not really feeling too optimistic about it though if I'm being honest. I ran the pics through a reverse image search as well and didn't find anything either. The only explanation for the low price I can think of is the fact, that it's so new and also maybe because of covid?

Edited: 17 June 2020, 09:39
California
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
4. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

" I've just contacted the host asking for a registration number, I'll see if that helps." That defeats the purpose. The law is such that the registration number has to be included in the listing. If the owner emails a number to you privately, there is no accountability. Could be a fake number to appease you since you asked.

As the others have pointed out, it's totally unrealistic to expect a rental of this size, in such a highly desirable area, to be under $300 a night.

Edited: 17 June 2020, 09:59
6 posts
5. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

I didn't realize you legally had to include the registration number, thank you for the Info! I'm fairly new to airbnb so I don't know my way round what information has to be stated on listings, but I really appreciate the help. :)

Boston...
Level Contributor
423 posts
6. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

There is just no way that apartment is for real at that price. As Sarastro says, it should be rented for much more money. Huge red flag, even aside from the registration issue.

United States
Level Contributor
13,726 posts
292 reviews
503 helpful votes
7. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

While every owner has to join and start at some point....I personally need to see many reviews to have any comfort level with booking....especially in Paris.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
19,784 posts
20 reviews
82 helpful votes
8. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

The link takes me to a generic Airbnb page. Seems the listing has been removed.

London, United...
Level Contributor
1,468 posts
39 reviews
51 helpful votes
9. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

Just also want to say: props for checking here first before going ahead to book!

6 posts
10. Re: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Save

UPDATE: He deleted the listing after I asked for more information, thanks for everyone's advice, I'm glad I didn't book it! :)

Reply to: Is this airbnb too good to be true?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频