We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best pub in London?

Stellenbosch, South...
Level Contributor
97 posts
15 reviews
2 helpful votes
Best pub in London?
Save

It may be cheesy for the Londerers but what is the best pub to have a true pub experience, maybe with a touch of history?

The Prince of Greenwich
$$ - $$$, Mediterranean, Italian, Bar
Humble Grape Liverpool Street
$$ - $$$, European, Wine Bar
Humble Grape Battersea
$$ - $$$, European, Wine Bar, Mediterranean
21 replies to this topic
London, United...
Destination Expert
for Hurghada
Level Contributor
18,146 posts
94 reviews
51 helpful votes
1. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

Hi Tanita

This list will give you some ideas

fodors.com/world/europe/england/london/exper…

Enjoy ??

Edited: 1 year ago
Redlands, California
Level Contributor
7,260 posts
61 reviews
43 helpful votes
2. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

Princess Louise. . .Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese in fleet street. A bit touristy, but very atmospheric. The Seven Stars nearby is about as authentic as you can get.

Brighton, United...
Level Contributor
1,239 posts
116 reviews
779 helpful votes
3. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

The Nags Head on Kinnerton Street Belgravia is worth a look.

London, United...
Level Contributor
6,356 posts
330 reviews
89 helpful votes
4. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

There is another similar thread running at present.

https://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/ShowTopic-g186…

Level Contributor
290 posts
11 reviews
5 helpful votes
5. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

True pub experience?... in 2019? Find yourself a Wetherspoons and settle in for the day!

Where to Londoners drink? Samuel Smiths pubs are noticeably cheaper than others. Some also have plenty of history. Princess Louise and Ye Olde Cheshire Cheese are notable examples.

There are many many pubs. I wouldn't worry. A lot of them are tied to big brewery companies Greene King / Nicholson etc. These might feel a bit samey but I don't think you'd notice as a tourist.

Around Covent Garden, I like the Lamb & Flag. Trafalger Sq, I'd go for the Ship & Shovel. If you're round Westminster you might want to search out one of the pubs that still has a division bell used to call MPs back to parliament in the event of a vote. St Stephens Tavern has one I believe and there are others.

Wales, United...
Destination Expert
for Bargain Travel, Cruises, Swansea, Cardiff, Carmarthenshire, Neath, Port Talbot
Level Contributor
100,391 posts
443 reviews
358 helpful votes
6. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

I couldn't possibly say which pub is best, as I haven't visited them all. I can say that I;ve been to a few on Fleet Street that are very historic, though some I would not want to return to!

My favourite pubs in Central London include The Black Friar next to Blackfriars, The Ship in Holborn (behind the tube station), The George, an old coaching inn on Borough High Street and The Crown on New Oxford Street.

London, United...
Level Contributor
4,343 posts
7 reviews
12 helpful votes
7. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

the old cheshire cheese was touristy > 27 years ago. when I moved on regmaiche

London, United...
5 posts
8. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

Check out vip tables London. It has a pretty nice list of nightclubs that you can take a look at. My experience with it has been pretty good so I would recommend it. Hope this helps.

Edited: 1 year ago
London, United...
Level Contributor
389 posts
9. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

Lots of good suggestions here, but I'll add in Ye Olde Mitre in Ely Court and The Harp on Chandos Place.

Bexleyheath, United...
Level Contributor
147 posts
174 reviews
50 helpful votes
10. Re: Best pub in London?
Save

I would go for The Red Lion in Parliament Street which is close to Parliament, so you might see the odd MP having a drink. They are famous for their pies. A good meal can always be had at The Clarence in Whitehall and the Coal Hole in the Strand. A final choice would be The Punch and Judy in Covent Garden. They are all close to the main attractions, train and underground stations,and the West End Theatres. Wherever you choose have a good time..

Reply to: Best pub in London?
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
US$USD
Canada (English)

This is the version of our website addressed to speakers of English in Canada. If you are a resident of another country or region, please select the appropriate version of Tripadvisor for your country or region in the drop-down menu.

亚洲欧美日韩精品专区,爱啪国产精品视频在线,亚洲国产精品免费线观看视频