We noticed that you're using an outdated browser. The Tripadvisor web site may not display properly. Upgrading your browser will ensure the best possible experience on our web site: Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.
Tripadvisor gives a Travellers’ Choice award to accommodations, attractions and restaurants that consistently earn great reviews from travellers and are ranked within the top 10% of properties on Tripadvisor.
Building on our experience at Viet Eat Holborn, Viet Eat Pho & Bun was created in October 2015, with a new concept that aims at revolutionising the offering of Vietnamese street food in London. Pho & Bun is located on the popular Shaftesbury Avenue, adjacent to both London China Town and Soho, and minutes away from many West End theatres, including Queen’s theatre – home to the famous Les Misérables. Pho & Bun carries a new, out-of-the-box design that creates a cosy and comfortable dining environment with distinctively Vietnamese features. Besides the usual customer favourites found at Viet Eat Holborn, Pho & Bun emphasises the offering of our traditional Pho Noodle Soup and, for the first time…
I went here during eotho which made the prices more justifiable. I’d be slightly miffed I had paid normal prices for this. The food was solid standard and the turnaround really quick which was appreciated as we needed to get to a movie. I would...recommend for a fan of Vietnamese who needs a quick dish before their movie/theatreMore
When we arrived at the restaurant at lunch time, we were the first customer. The male staff completely ignored us and just stood behind the counter. We said hello, but he just glared at us as if we shouldn't be there. We told him we...had a booking at 12:00, and he said, "Booking?" We repeated that we had a reservation, and he checked the book and grudgingly told us to sit . At that point we felt like leaving but was too curious about the food. He then dumped a menu on the table without saying anything. We had no idea why the person like him was working in a restaurant dealing with customers. He doesn't even deserve a 1-star.
Luckily someone else was on duty and served us from then on, and the situation improved. We had Crispy Spring Roll, Plum Sauce Grazed BBQ Spare Ribs, Honey Glazed BBQ Pork with Rice and Tender Beef Pho. All except Pho were full of flavour and very tasty. Pho - the noodle was overcooked and the stock was just OK. Honey Glazed BBQ Pork was slightly fatty but was perfectly char-grilled, smoky and very moreish.
We are happy to go back to eat their wonderful food but hope the rude server would not be there.More
Booked a table for a Sunday evening using a Virgin Experience voucher. The offer was for a four course meal with wine. We got exactly what we were promised and it was actually so much better than we expected from start to finish! The upstairs...part of the restaurant is small and cosy but plenty of room at each table for two or four. The two staff who served us were very friendly and attentive and paced our courses really nicely. Everything we were served was tasty, fresh and beautifully presented. My husband said his bowl of pho was the best he’s ever tasted outside of Vietnam and we’ve certainly tried a few over the last few years. My personal favourite was the dessert! Coconut snow (like an ice-cream) with Vietnamese coffee poured over. Absolutely delicious!
We were told that if we order a glass of the same wine each then we would get the rest of the bottle included too. We chose a very nice red merlot which was great value to be included in the voucher.
Ignore any of the bad reviews you read on here, I am the fussiest person ever when it comes to eating out and I could not fault this place at all! I’ve already recommended it to my foodie friends!More
Stopped off before going into see Thriller, small place but we didn't realize there is a downstairs, the staff were very friendly but the food was great.
New dish to mark off the list is :GO?I BO? TA?I CHANH Lemon Cured Beef Salad (N)
The food was largely excellent and a generous complimentary dessert was given for someone's birthday, however the service was pretty much terrible for the following reasons:
1. Being put into an aisle stool (why not just have chairs with backs on?) and having staff constantly...bump into you despite trying to be tucked into the table as much as possible. No apologies provided either.
2. Missed item on the food order.
3. After a few minutes of giving a drinks order including tap water for the table, another waitress from our original one tells us one of the drinks isn't available (which is understandable) and we reorder. The original waitress then comes back a few minutes later saying the same thing. Takes a bit longer to get the drinks after that and then finally get tap water but without glasses. Really not sure why it took more than 10 minutes to get tap water onto a table.
4. Accompaniments were originally missing when given the pho.
5. Food being taken from the table before it had been finished.
6. The bill which needed to be split by two was incorrectly calculated by the waitress. The manager then informed us we'd need to pay an adjusted amount, but it annoyed me that the waitress was not the one who apologised. In fact she had been pretty rude during the entire meal.More